Saturday, May 14, 2011

Butterflies before tomorrow's long run

Tomorrow will be the last "long run" before the SD RnR and then I will start tapering down for the next 3 weeks.  Right now, my body is feeling like it needs the rest, for sure, but I know that once the mileage decreases from 45mi + / week to 25 to 30 mi a week, I will start fiending for more mileage.  Usually, gym attendance increases during the tapering down, I'm like an addict looking for something to fill the void.  I know, I know... rest is part of the training.

Our 20 mi run tomorrow will hit several points of SD.  We'll start off at Balboa Park, head west towards Mission Hills, Ocean Beach, then back east along N. Harbor Dr., up 6th Ave back to Balboa Park.  It's a pretty epic run, so I'm a bit anxious about it.  Hoping for good running weather and being able to get up early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment