Tuesday, May 31, 2011

5 days and counting!

5 days and counting until our 3rd marathon of the year: the San Diego Rock and Roll marathon!  This will be the 3rd year in a row that I will be running this particular race.  It's hard to beat the weather and the venue.

It has been a recent goal of mine to run the SD RnR under 4 hours and while I'm certainly not going to write off that goal, I will certainly be happy with a time under 4:20 (even more excited with a time between 4 - 4:15, but I won't get greedy ;-) ).  I want so bad to achieve these goals!!

Last week (as well as this one) has been the tapering period and I usually get antsy around this time because of the decreased weekly mileage.  Surprisingly, I have been quite happy running less than 25 miles per week.  Who knew that running 5 marathons in one year would be so freaking tiring? ;-)  I have been pretty inconsistent about going to the gym, though, and am feeling like I'm losing muscle tone and strength in other places.  Need to start getting my butt in there regularly.

5 short days... I never feel ready and I'm sure it's going to hit me even harder the night before.  All I can do is just concentrate on why I run in the first place... because I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment