Saturday, April 23, 2011

18 mi run - Mission Bay

This was definitely the best 18 mi training run I've done.  We started off early in the morning (7:30am), I had good company (Joe and Alison), the weather was perfect, and my legs felt great after yesterday's rest.  I surprised myself with the last couple of miles as I was about to keep a sub 9 pace after 16 mi!  Today's run definitely gave me the confidence that it is possible to run a sub 4 marathon.

What was most impressive today was how Alison decided on yesterday afternoon, "Oh, ok, I'll run 18 mi with you!"  Her longest distance before today was 13.1 mi!  She kept a very good pace and completed the 18 mi run where I would have probably keeled over and died only having down a half marathon prior.  Congrats to you, Awee.  I'm stoked for you!

18 mi run - Mission Bay Garmin Stats

No comments:

Post a Comment