Sunday, May 2, 2010

20 mi run - Mission Bay (1 of 2 before tapering down)

20 mi run around Mission Bay. The San Diego International Sprint Triathlon was happening around Fiesta Island, so after running 2.5 mi clockwise on our route, we decided it was best to go the other way so I wouldn't get in the way of these Tri-athletes. Unfortunately for me, that means I had to suffer through Fiesta Island at the end of my run. I started to get a nagging cramp on the base of left calf around mile 8 and immediately took an electrolyte/salt pill to avoid the cramping getting worse. I took a few more of those pills periodically throughout the remaining of the run and it seemed to help keep the calf cramp at bay. So yay, I have learned a lesson from the horrible cramps I suffered after the La Jolla half. This old girl can learn new tricks. ;)
Overall, a pretty decent run, if I push it just a tiny tiny bit more, it's very possible that I can crack 4 hours at the RnR marathon, but I will be completely happy with a sub 4:30 time, since this was my initial goal when I ran my first marathon in 2005. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment