Sunday, May 16, 2010

20 mi run - Mission Bay / Fiesta Island (Last one before the RnR!!)

Yay! The last 20 mi before the SD RnR! Felt like it went a lot better than the last 20 mi that I ran, but I was 1 minute slower in my time. I'm not disappointed, though... I'm happy that I can start tapering down. =)
I ended up running about 4 miles with another runner who was doing a similar route as I was.  Turns out he was also doing a 20 mile run in preparation for the SD RnR  We were chatting and I soon realized that I was going faster than I was aiming for (8.5min/mile) and didn't even realize it.  He mentioned a couple times that I was running a pretty good pace for someone who had hoped to finish under 4.5 hrs.  Of course as soon as he said that, I decided to slow down so I could comfortably finish the 10 miles that I still had in front of me.  Overall, I feel like a champion, I'm tired, and I'm ready for the marathon. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment